The new year is a time to refresh, reset and recharge. It’s the time in which we set our goals and dreams for the upcoming year ahead. After the turbulent year that was 2021, it’s time to hit the reset button and make it happen. Take some time to set your intentions for the year ahead with these consistent steps…
1) Start small
When the new year rolls around, many of us set goals that are hard to keep up long term. Ever wanted to lose 10 kg in 2 months, only to find you give up after 3 weeks because it’s too hard?
No matter what your goal is, it’s important to set doable goals and then slowly increase them to reach your goals. Setting goals that are reachable is a surefire way to keep you feeling motivated long after January is over.
Some reset steps are:
- Wanting to improve energy levels
- Being more active to be able to run a marathon, or just be able to jog around the block
- Wanting to improve health levels overall
- Eating at least one extra vegetable a day
2) Take a whole picture approach
Taking a ‘whole picture’ approach is a great way to get a perspective on any situation. So why not apply this to your health. For example, if you are wanting to overall be healthier in 2022, look at all the different ways you can achieve this:
- Eating a diet that’s rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables
- Getting enough sleep each and every night
- Setting time aside for you to do the things that make you happy
- Focus on moving and being active through activities that you enjoy
- Keeping a journal of your progress
By taking into account the whole picture, it’s easy to stay on track and reach your goals. This also enables you to keep going, even when you might feel like giving up. Sure you mightn’t have lost the weight you wanted to this week, but you’re sleeping better and your energy levels are up. All little changes and progress add up to the overall goal, which is a sure-fire way to make 2022 your best year yet.
3) Commit yourself
When making a resolution to change it’s important that you understand the reasoning why you are making these changes. Making peace with your past and understanding that you will make mistakes and maybe lose focus at some point along the journey. It’s important to not lose sight of your overall goal. Making a commitment to reach your goals will help keep you accountable and motivated to keep it up throughout 2022.
Choose your commitment, such as:
- Making sure that you move each and every day. You mightn’t always be able to hit the gym, but making sure you get your body moving each day is an easy way to stay committed to your goals. You can take the stairs when you can, park the car further away and walk to work.
- Make sure to treasure any treat meals but not overindulge. A treat every now and then won’t undo your hard work, however, a week of treats will start to catch up with you.
4) Take care of your body from the inside out
Did you know that your gut health is directly linked to your emotions and overall brain health? You can learn about the benefits of gut health for your brain and your performance both in the office and the gym here. You can take extra care of your gut with a product such as our Bindi Digest Blend to help you thrive in 2022.
5) Fuel up your performance in and out of the gym
No matter if you’re wanting to run a marathon or get through 30 minutes at the gym without passing out, you need to know how to fuel your body. Start by ensuring you are well hydrated for every session. During exercise, use water or Sugar-Free electrolytes like Bindilyte for shorter sessions. For longer or more intense training, add in our Natural Sports Hydration with carbohydrates and electrolytes to fuel you.
The secret to success in the New Year is not a complicated diet or exercise regime. Taking small achievable steps and importantly being consistent with them will help you reach your goals well into the New Year. Let’s make 2022 your best year yet!